Drash Cards for Trumah (5763)
by Marc Mangel
• We have details of the portable sanctuary and the vessels for holy service.
• Two weeks ago we had the 10 commandments and last week exegesis on the 10 commandments — both very general.
• This week we have so many details. Why the difference.
• One answer is that the Mishkan is meant for one place and time but the 10 commandments and mitzvoth are meant for everywhere and all time.
• Ch 25, v 8, 9 are important. Chasidim read v 8 as “I will dwell inside them” and v 9 “so shall you do”
• The purpose is to both be holy and to make material pursuit holy (as happened with the material — taken from Egypt –for the Mishkan).
• The Sefat Emet said about this “Man must perfect even simple ” implying that everything we do can be holy.