Drash Cards for Terumah (5766)
by Marc Mangel
• Later in the Torah we encounter Acherei Mot/Kedoshim/Emor ~ after death only say holy things but in Shmot we have Yitro/Mishpatim/Terumah
• These three can be interpreted as Inspiration and Action/Free loans/How much to give
• How much to give: Ch 25, v 2: ‘every man whose heart will motivate him’ about which Rav Solevetchik said that we must have faith in Klal Israel.
• Beginning with Ch25, v8 we have lots of details. The Rebbe said that we should read this verse as “I will dwell inside them”
• Our purpose is not just to serve as a receptacle for holiness but to make our material pursuits holy
• How do we do that? The rest of the parsha tells us: it is all in the details of how we lead our lives in this world, interact with people and respond to situations.