Drash Cards for Ki Tissa (about 5763)
by Marc Mangel
• God is angered by the golden calf, but also surprised (Ch 32, v 7ff).
• How does Moses deal with this (read v 12)?
• Shmuel Moholiver (a Zionist rabbi) noted that the people don’t ask Aaron to take over the leadership (Ch 32, v 1)
• Rather, the people sought someone/something from the outside — even an inanimate statue — instead of choosing for themselves. The chose the ‘outside expert’
• Moholiver also said that the “Israelites of old were willing to give up their gold to make a god. Many of us are willing to give up our God to make gold”. This is what we need to change.