Drash Cards for VaYakhel/Pekudei (5764)
by Marc Mangel
• Today I want to discuss holiness — God wants us to behave in a holy way, which is why we were liberated.
• How do we as people make a thing holy (Ch 40, v 9)?
• Holiness is contagious (but I don’t know why): Ch 29, v 37; Ch 30, v 29; Ch 40, v 9ff
• Chapter 40, v 1ff: Why command Moses to sanctify the tabernacle, which should already be distinct and holy?
• For others to see: God expects us to do our share in making the world, and things within it, holy
• Here’s why: Kedusha does not count for a lot without human involvement — the Jewish idea of holiness and sanctity is not other worldly or separated from human action.