Drash Cards for Chaye Sarah (5764)
by Marc Mangel
• Today I want to discuss Ch 24: v-32 — Elazar goes and meets Rivka. v 35-39 — Recounting of that
• There is lots of detail, but inconsistencies. Nehama Leibowitz finds 18 of them. Radar said “I give up because there are so many”
• Some comparisons: v 3/37 — no mention of God, just wealth
• Verses 4,7 and 38, 40: No mention of Isaac! The classic interpretation is that Isaac is very holy and Rivka needed to be appropriate for him.
• Verse 5/39: No option of taking Isaac back to Charan
• Elazar minimizes the differences in faith in order to succeed, doing so did not arouse suspicion, and skipped what was peripheral.
• A good message for us