Drash Cards for VaYechi (ca 5761)
by Marc Mangel
• Today I want to focus on Jacob’s blessings.
• Jacob gives special attention to Ephraim and Menace (Ch 47, v10ff) and even says “They are mine”
• From this Pinchas Peli answers the question “Who is a Jew?” with “Not somebody who’s grandparents were, but who has Jewish grandchildren”
• Also note that the blessing (Ch 49) are different for each son.
•We this we learn that all are blessed, but blessed differently. (When are kids were growing up the f-word in our house was ‘fair’).
• And what is the greatest blessing, one book into the year? That God gives us essentially and infinite number of changes to change — if we can only overcome our acquired habits.