Drash Cards for HaAzinu (ca 5759)
by Marc Mangel
• Nehama says that this parsha is a bird’s eye view of Jewish history.
• It is the ‘Song of Moses’, with v 1-3 as preliminary and the song beginning in verse 4
• In v1: incline your ear to heaven, but why to heaven and not to the people?
• In v2: let the teaching penetrate by rain. What does rain produce? Nothing by itself, but what is there as seeds
• And in v7: understand the years of the generation: Remember and Understand — the essential for history.